With a new year comes the fresh confidence to make some life changes. So as not to skirt tradition, we made a quick list of some of the things we’d like to accomplish with Games & Grinds in 2018. Are we going to check off every one of these resolutions? Most likely not given the way most resolutions end up, but if we finish off half of these it should be a great year.
Resolution 1: eat many tasty things. Beyond that things get a bit more specific.
- Be better about documenting recipes
- This one comes from Aspen. We have an awful habit of tweaking recipes we find online, only to never write down the changes.
- Use more “repurposed” ingredients
- Using bits of chicken you cooked the night before to make a stock or pot pies or other dish can go a long way in the kitchen.
- Make a BBQ feast
- The second our spring thaw hits I am getting a smoker and making this happen
- Copy the family pierogi recipe
- Finish visiting DFW-area breweries
- So much beer to drink. Whatever will we do?
- Sample some authentic European cuisine
- Currently planning our first Euro-Trip and yeah, it’s all about the food.
Gaming is a great example of a goal-driven hobby, so gaming resolutions are a natural fit. Although maybe it would be more appropriate to consider these Gaming/Twitch Achievements to earn in 2018?
- DO NOT buy any new consoles or PC hardware
- This might be counterproductive to running a video game blog, but gaming is an expensive hobby, and while there are still plenty of games I’m interested in I really don’t want to spend any unnecessary cash on more hardware.
- Start learning basic coding
- Like, the most basic of the basic. If I can make a tic tac toe game by the end of the year I will be ecstatic.
- Finish my National Pokedex
- Gotta prep’em all for when Pokemon Switch launches
- Compete in at least 1 Pokemon Tournament
- Reach Max Rank/Level in Splatoon 2
- End the year 250+ Twitch followers
- Watch our channel, please.
- Raise $1000 for Extra Life and the Children’s Medical Center of Dallas
- The perfect inspiration to stream and that gold medal WILL be mine this year.
Backlog to Conquer
Unplayed games. The bane of all gamers. Especially when they start piling up. Here are a few games from yesteryear I plan on finishing off. Know of any others to add to the list? Let us know!
Super Mario Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Witcher 3
Pokemon: Soul Silver
That’s probably enough hopeful goals for one year. I fully expect you, the internet, to hold us accountable to this list, so here’s to a happy and productive year of gaming, food, and more.